JOIN US IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY
The Shawnee Family YMCA works with our neighbors to ensure everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive, regardless of ability to pay.
The needs of our community are diverse and evolving, and the Y is needed now more than ever. Together, we strive to create a stronger community and bring about meaningful change in our community.
When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful change in your community.
Thanks to generous donors, we are able to fulfill this mission through low cost programs and direct financial assistance for families in need. One hundred percent of all dollars donated are invested into programs serving children and families in our community.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Join the Board of Directors and committees at local YMCAs
- Raise funds to ensure the YMCA is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams (includes coach training)
- Motivate youth in building the skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors and better health
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
- Extend a hand to help members who want to live healthier